BDA Council 12-49
105 Great Russel Street London WC1
Present: Rolf Gardiner (Chair), Miss Cross. Miss Fisher, Hon Secretary
Apologies: Miss Savoury, and Misters Raab, Maude and Thomas
- Arising: Miss Cross twice asked to meet with Weleda and twice unsuccessful.
- 4 Applications. One – Mr J D Hoadley can help with preparations. Another – Commander Harnway did not agree wit hate rules. Decided NOT to revise the rules.
- Hon Secretary Miss Savoury asked to resign since she no longer had access to land. She was asked to withdraw her resignation. She agreed to postpone and will get back in writing with her decision.
- 5 members resigned and accepted with regret.
- News sheet – Miss Cross late but it would be done soon.
- State of the association – letters received from Mr Maude and Mr Raab. Mr Maude wanted new blood in the association. Mr Raab wants a live president on the spot! Could Mr Gardiner captain the rudderless ship? Mr Gardiner suggested the item of Mr Pfeiffer’s visit would be the time to enliven the association when he would throw in his full weight. Decided to ask Dr Pfeiffer for new dates. If March Miss Thornton would carry on with the Secretarial work.
- Mr Thomas market garden is no longer in his hands so no longer a BD concern. He now focuses on honey farming.