Horses' fertility and the Moon

For relevant clippings from books or news papers, and for posts that are pertinent but which don't fit in the fora above
Mark
Site Admin

Horses' fertility and the Moon

Post by Mark »

Like Ben Davis' post (about half way down: "Another interesting experience ...") this is about animals but this time not cows and Venus, but horses and Moon. I have heard from Nick Kollerstrom who has been very helpful in getting me started on the 'planting by the stars' section of this web site. He has done some work to correlate successful coverings in a UK stable over 10 years. You can read 'Lunar Cycle and Mare Fertility Correlation' by clicking the name.

Nick's present piece reminds me of the analysis Enzo showed at the 2008 Introductory Course with the rising and falling periods of Venus in relation to the Sun. ie Venus rising above the Sun, Venus rising but below the Sun, Venus falling below the Sun and Venus falling above the Sun. He correlated the coverings of mares with these 4 phases and was satisfied with the outcome in relation to the outcomes at the Italian stud farm.

I'm also put in mind of the work that Dennis Klocek did and is doing with wine in California. What is common through all these pieces of research is that there exists a good body of information that can be used for analysis - the close monitoring of coverings in the case of Nick and Enzo's work and the close monitoring of lots of parameters of the grapes and wine in the case of the US wine industry. I don't think that BD has this level of monitoring, for good reasons maybe, but perhaps also because there is some resistance to such scrutiny?

Be that as it may, I recommend looking at Nicks very interesting and thorough work.