500 and 501 in vineyards

For sharing results, experiences and thoughts on preparations - biodynamic or other. These do not include 'peppers'
Mark
Site Admin

500 and 501 in vineyards

Post by Mark »

Effects of biodynamic treatment 500 and 501 in managed vineyards in Switzerland: influences on soil, plants and grape quality

Thanks to Matthias for letting me know about his work. I think he would like feedback if any of you are stimulated to comment.

Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Re: 500 and 501 in vineyards

Post by Mark »

I asked Matthias for a precis:

"The effect of treatment 500 shows statistical results for humus percentage. In the 6 years interesting was the level of humus that was decrease by 500 on 3 sites; only 1 showed an increase. What can tell us?Is against the Bd theory literature! In fact only one site apported green manure, manure or Bd compost and this let us conclude that 500 need an organic substrate to grow and increase soil repiration. So we had an effect, and in the others 3 sites the 500 mineralized the humus-organic composition of the soil! To confirm this hypothesis the results on soil aggregate and microbial activity follow this "red line" in sites analyses showing results just for one site.

501 shown highest effects on the photosynthesis activity of treated plants and a better status of the plants that shown a strongly highest level of phytoalexins. Those are stimulated when plants are under disease pressure, so we can conclude that 501 help the plant in a better healthy status and prevent to disease attack."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic