Practical Considerations

For sharing results, experiences and thoughts on preparations - biodynamic or other. These do not include 'peppers'
Lisa Davidson

Practical Considerations

Post by Lisa Davidson »

1. How can we get some liquid Silicea 6X? (I
think it's 6X, right? I mean the potency that you use.)

2. We decided to start the easy way, by germinating seeds in flats and then put the Silicea solution in water as described in the book, on the already germinated seeds immediately before transplanting them, to avoid shock. In that way we don't have to wander around doing a root soak to everything that's out there already, but just start with the new plants as we grow them. Does this sound like a good way to do it, by the way?

3. And it's wrong to use Silicea twice, once
for germinating and once for transplanting, isn't it?

4. It would be too much work to do a root soak of the whole area,
but we could spray everything. But we're supposed to do a root soak, right?
Spraying only the leaves is kind of a waste, isn't it?

5. Is the pumping action used in the manual
sprayer a kind of succussion?

6. Could we make our own Silicea 6X solution by putting commercially available 6X pellets in water? I know that these pellets are made by putting 6X liquid on the blank pellets, but I don't know the ratio. If it's anything like making LM's, the pharmacist puts one drop of "medical liquid" on 500 pellets. But you dilute your 6X solution, in the book, quite a bit before you put it on the plants. So I don't really know if this is feasible, since it would be adding two extra steps, and also of course would be giving the plants a lot of sugar, which would do something that I don't understand and maybe bring a lot of ants.

Thank you for your answers
Mark
Site Admin

Post by Mark »

Many questions, and oly some of them can I answer..... one at a time:
How can we get some liquid Silicea 6X in the USA? (I think it's 6X, right? I mean the potency that you use.)
I would try washington Pharmacy - Joe Lillard. If you can't get it there and he doesn't know a US supplier then try Helios in the UK. They will also know if it has a chance of getting through the US customs - which seems sure we are all out to bomb or moisten the USA with bad intent. Otherwise I'll send you some but it will be hit or miss in relation to the customs - Helios will know better. Alternatively, get any liquid potency you can of silicea/silica. The choice of potency is part of the evolving discipline and is not a once and for all time edict - it's just what everyone is using and the potency by which the successes that have occurred were evoked.
We decided to start the easy way, by germinating seeds in flats and then put the Silicea solution in water as described in the book, on the already germinated seeds immediately before transplanting them, to avoid shock. In that way we don't have to wander around doing a root soak to everything that's out there already, but just start with the new plants as we grow them. Does this sound like a good way to do it, by the way?
The discipline is young. So I would try this and see how it goes - perhaps you can leave some of the germinating seeds without the silica so you can see if any difference results. It sounds like a good way to me. I wouldn't be concerned about the other parts of the plants getting some of the preparation. Kaviraj's approach is that you would take a preparation orally as a human and not take a shower in it so why spray the plant rather than give it to the roots. Steiner - particularly with his silica preparation known as horn silica or 501 - sprayed around the plant in a mist of fine drops. You pay your money and take your choice ....
3.And it's wrong to use Silicea twice, once for germinating and once for transplanting, isn't it?
Kaviraj - repeat only after the effect of the first dose ceases to act and only after retaking the case. (I think I am representing him correctly here.) Steiner - repeat to promote flavours and 'terroir' in plants that are already full of vitality.
4. And another question seems to be: it would be too much work to do a root soak of the whole area, but we could spray everything. But we're supposed to do a root soak, right? Spraying only the leaves is kind of a waste, isn't it?
The whole area would be a reasonable approach. Some folk add the preparation to the irrigation water - see www.bdmax.co.nz for instance. It is a waste in one way - it is not that efficient unless you are set up for it - but the costs are minimal and you may need to irrigate anyway.
5. And another question relative to spraying: Is the pumping action used in the manual sprayer a kind of succussion?
If you have a recirculating mechanism this is a kind of succussion. The pump action adds pressure without particularly succussing. however, the potency and succussion is one of the many areas of the discipline which remains to be investigated so I would not concern myself too much about this.
6. Could we make our own Silicea 6X solution by putting commercially available 6X pellets in water? I know that these pellets are made by putting 6X liquid on the blank pellets, but I don't know the ratio. If it's anything like making LM's, the pharmacist puts one drop of "medical liquid" on 500 pellets. But you dilute your 6X solution, in the book, quite a bit before you put it on the plants. So I don't really know if this is feasible, since it would be adding two extra steps, and also of course would be giving the plants a lot of sugar, which would do something that I don't understand and maybe bring a lot of ants.
There was some discussion recently about how to achieve your goals with pellets rather than liquid potencies. It raises the whole issue of dose, much of which is unexplored as far as I know. THe basis of the dose we apply is that BdMax did some work on pastures with various levels of their preparations and the 250ml per hectare dose worked the best. So far as I know this is the only organised research. Mixing potencies and dose may turn out to be like confounding quality and quantity - but until such time as these are extricated from eachother we are going with this indication. So I asked Kaviraj about this and he said: "If you use globules on 20 litres (5 gallons) then I would say put in 100 pills. Make sure they are dissolved and after stir vigorously, before application." and "Liquid works so much better than pills." [/quote]
Lisa Davidson

available liquid remedies

Post by Lisa Davidson »

Hi, Mark,

I just looked at Helios, and their Silicea is available only on C, but their Silica Marina goes down to 6X. But if I continue with trying to order Silica Marina and click "liquid," or if I click "medicating potencies," they don't say X any more, but just 6 through M's, so I don't know what they mean and will ask them. But is Silica Marina actually worth trying? the other choice would be to order from Washington Pharmacy, but they don't go as far down as 6X either. I think they're still in the X's, though, so maybe that would be best.
Thank you.

Lisa
Mark
Site Admin

Post by Mark »

It's a judgement call Lisa. The potency issue is not sorted yet - it is only a definite and considered issue in the BDMax and Eureka ranges. In the homeopathic range it is as vague as it is for humans so I think it would be worth having a go with the right remedy at whatever potency you can find.

I don't know the proving of Silica Marina - is it similar to the slicea? Without doing the homework I'd say it would be worth a go - and if you report back then the next time the issue arises there may be a bit more light than there is now!

Isn't pioneering fun!
Lisa Davidson

Silica

Post by Lisa Davidson »

I just read in a description of a Silica human being, "inept at agriculture."
Wow.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic