Rain maker

For relevant clippings from books or news papers, and for posts that are pertinent but which don't fit in the fora above
anand

Post by anand »

dear mark

the rains continue as i write & Mohan Bhai has again made amends.The village head with some others told him to stop the Test as they are unable to spray their land for the sowing & restart it after 10 days .Many others have quietly told him to continue.The goal of filling the Dam has very less time.Today at 6 pm Mohan bhai further increased the power of the device.
now he has only 3-4 days time,as people are getting tired of this weather.

I have scanned photos of Newspaper cuttings which i am sending ,but it would be more for record than for understanding or /posting on web as it is in the local gujrati language.

He would be next trying out at Rajasthan, the desert state of india but for now lets await the outcome of filling the Dam .Hope Mohan bhais' "eureka"comes out true
I shall keep you updated.

regards

anand
anand

Post by anand »

The Rains continue,& with increasing intensity,The Dam i mentioned is filled 60 %.The Rainmakers freinds visited the Dam site today & saw it more than half full,& as i write this the outpouring continue.infact around 6 pm he stopped the Machine fearing disaster.The district Centre BHUJ is fully drenched ,water logged , fearing casuality, the machine has been temporarily stopped.But there would be some lingering effect for a day.
Perhaps by tomm.evening it is anticipated that the goal of Dam overflowing would be achievedl.

I shall be sending the datas gathered from the local weather stn.after some time.

regards.

anand
Mark
Site Admin

Post by Mark »

That would be an important aspect to his art: it's no good building a really fast car without installing brakes that are equal to the power generated. I sure hope he knows how to turn off what he may have turned on!
anand

Post by anand »

dear mark,

with the resentment building,Mohan bhai switched offthe machine at 7pm last night,Today there is no Rains though the sky is still cloudy.people in Kuchh would be felicitating Mohan Bhai & his Family,he would be collecting the sum promised tomorrow.

The dam could be filled 60 % only. was it his doing one stillcant believe,the other day one of his acquaintance told him of a huge Cloud in the arabian sea & try to pull it towards Kutchh.To this Mohan bhai replied IThis is not needed as the cloud formation takes place from the site itself.

Another feature of this test is the ability to stop the wind & prevent the clouds from dispersing.This he says can be tried in stopping a tornado.Some of his known friends in America would be giving him an opportunity to test it.

It is still hard to believe & requires further validation,but a beginning in rainmaking through organic science has been initiated. I personally would believe in him when a health device is tried by me.This he has promised to give very soon

I was called for the Felicitation which i declined owing to my office engagements.
How do we scientifically accept his claims,please suggest ways .

regards
anand

Post by anand »

dear mark

Mission KUtchh is complete.since the night of 6th sept 2011 the machine was off. there has been no rain till date.though the local weather forcast on 6 th said heavy showers in the next 24 hours.
The Rainmaker is busy collecting the sum promised, this was however much below the anticipated collection, he got around 5.00 lacs or approx 10000.00 us dollars.This would however partly meet out his Borrowings.

People of Kutchh are elated ,just to narrate an instance,-the mitch buffaloe on sale for 8000.00 is now not available for even 12000.00 ,as the land has received the much needed water ,people now need not migrate their animals to greener pastures during the winters ,many dams are full & this sense of assurance is reflected in their faces ,The dam i mentioned earlier is of 25 ft depth post test the water depth was 20 ft l.The district town of bhuj was stuck with flood,not so much due to the rains but because of an upstream Dam that broke.

A popular local figure who had promised rs 1.00 lac per inch of rain backed out on his promise ,& the media went after him questioning his promised statment he gave prior to the Test.

The Rain maker is due to leave tonight .& would be preparing for his next venture in Rajasthan.Some of his colleagues fear because the time is further away from the rainy season,& the new site is a semi arid region,Besides as against Kutchh it is far off from the arabian sea. But the Rainmaker is very confident ,& says that this has nothing to do with the sites proximity to sea. he would only require a much powerful machine.The friend said that if he fails at the new site then People of Kutchh will feel cheated ,but Mohan bhai is fearless& has confidence in his rain device.

I shall be sending you the other photographs later on.

regards

anand
anand

Post by anand »

dear mark

the rain maker will start his test today again in bhavnagar distt of gujrat
the place is a village near palithana.
wheather fore cast for bhavnagar is:

INDIA METEOROLOGICAL DEPARTMENT
MULTIMODEL ENSEMBLE BASED DISTRICT LEVEL WEATHER FORECAST
ISSUED ON: 10-10-2011
VALID TILL 08:30 IST OF THE NEXT 5 DAYS

DISTRICT : BHAVNAGAR STATE : GUJARAT
------------------- ------------------- ------------------- ------------------- ------------------- -------------------
PARAMETERS ENSEMBLE FCST
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DAY-1 DAY-2 DAY-3 DAY-4 DAY-5
11/10 12/10 13/10 14/10 15/10
------------------- ------------------- ------------------- ------------------- ------------------- -------------------
Rainfall (mm) 0 0 0 0 0
Max Temperature ( deg C) 38 39 39 39 39
Min Temperature ( deg C) 27 28 28 28 27
Total cloud cover (octa) 0 6 5 7 2
Max Relative Humidity (%) 49 50 43 52 58
Min Relative Humidity (%) 35 31 36 41 45
Wind speed (kmph) 9 10 9 6 7
Wind direction (deg) 190 60 190 290 300
------------------ ------------------- ------------------- ------------------- ------------------- -------------------

NOTE: -99.0 ........ NO DATA

this time it is out season ,he has already increased the power of the machine,lets see what happens,please make observation,i shall get back tomorrow,he shall switch on the device around 10-11 pm at night today

regards

anand
anand

Post by anand »

dear mark

on 10.10.2011 the rainmaker could not begin his test.on 11th at 11 am he started the device, but in the evening the there was a fault in theblower unit ,& the test began was restarted on 12.10.2011 at 2.30 am( late night )
now its almost 16 hours,& the sky is clouded.

the location is village khidiya, 10/15 km south west of Palithana.
forecast for next 5 days is:

ISSUED ON: 13-10-2011

DISTRICT : BHAVNAGAR STATE : GUJARAT
PARAMETERS ENSEMBLE FCST
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
14/10 15/10 16/10 17/10 18/10
Rainfall (mm) 0 0 0 0 0
Max Temperature ( deg C) 39 39 39 36 36
Min Temperature ( deg C) 28 28 28 27 27
Total cloud cover (octa) 3 1 1 2 0
Max Relative Humidity (%) 60 72 90 93 84
Min Relative Humidity (%) 43 50 58 55 56
Wind speed (kmph) 7 7 7 5 4
Wind direction (deg) 290 260 260 270 280
------------------ ------------------- ------------------- ------------------- ------------------- -------------------

mohan bhai expects rains by 15 th.

regards

anand
Mark
Site Admin

Post by Mark »

Any update Anand? Do you have a personal evaluation of the whole project?

Mark
anand

Post by anand »

The test at palithana distt bhavnagar,gujrat was conducted, within 5 days there was roughly 2.50 inches of rain ,but not in the whole region ,half the area/district did not experience rain, the weather was very windy during the Test.The sad part was that many of the cotton farmers protested for fear of their crop which was being harvested.the test was discontinued halfway.
On sunday or Monday 18.12.2011 the rainmaker would conduct another test ,some farmers from district surendra nagar, morvi ,gujrat met the rainmaker & have agreed to pay him certain sum if he is able to rain in their region ,they would then offer him for further test in the next season.
A scintist from ISRO will also be assesing the proposed test from ahmedabad.

I personally didnot visit the site but what i hear from his friends & people of kutchh they are very satisfied.

My personal evaluation would be detailed when the rainmaker gives me a health device & based on its results i would be able to let you know. although making rains & health have no relation,the two are related in principle of organic energy.
let us first see the test at surendra nagar.
regards

anand
anand

Post by anand »

dear mark

the rain maker started his test at today 8 am. 21/12/2011 in the morning
the location is village kond 15 kms from Dhrangadhra taluka in gujrat,india city located at the
longitude of 71.51 and latitude of 23.01 .

ISSUED ON: 21-12-2011

DISTRICT : SURENDRANAGAR STATE : GUJARAT
PARAMETERS ENSEMBLE FCST
22/12 23/12 24/12 25/12 26/12
Rainfall (mm) 0 0 0 0 0
Max Temperature ( deg C) 29 28 29 29 30
Min Temperature ( deg C) 17 16 17 17 17
Total cloud cover (octa) 2 3 0 0 0
Max Relative Humidity (%) 40 50 52 49 51
Min Relative Humidity (%) 22 25 33 30 27
Wind speed (kmph) 017 013 013 011 007
Wind direction (deg) 90 90 220 90 10

the time is not favourable for the rains ,lets see what happens.
if mohan bhai is successful he shall be paid a small sum,and an assurance to book him for the monsons if there is scant rain fall.

all the best to mohan bhai
anand

Post by anand »

the kond experiment did not materialise due to motor failure ,however during these past 4 months the rainmaker was testing from his home,the wheather till a week back was unusual, the gondal taluka in distt rajkot,experienced one of the most unexpected rains during this time of the year.
This year while the met.deptt forecasts normal rains, the rainmakers prediction is that of below normal,& this season he expects he shall receive orders from many regions.
anand

Post by anand »

dear mark

The rain maker began his test yesterday 26/07/2012 at 3.00pm in his village,Politicians,Mediamen all have started coming over to the site.This year Rainfall was very scanty Farmers are very worried & Local people have pressurised their representative in the State Assembly to arrange for the Test. An MOU has been signed ,The Rainmaker has been given 12 days, beginning yesterday
The mission is to make 10 inches of Rain for which Mohan bhai will be paid a handsome amount.With so many people around i am unable to contact the Rainmaker.I just received an SMS yesterday that the Test has begun,subsequently talked to his younger Brother who gave me these details.
There is this fear of "EL Nino" taking its toll on the Monsoon,My request is to closely watch the Test & keep record of the sattelite data,It is true that the test is being done during the Rainy season,but then this too is true that there is deficient Rainfall.
Earlier there was talk with some Industrialists ,Politicians from Karnataka state,Rainfall this year has been the leastl in the last 42 years .But the Newly formed Govt decided to go for prayers,rituals to appease the Rain god,& have earmarked 18 crore rupees.
Alternatively his Home & nearby district have opined to let the rainmaker
do the job.
I cant even talk to Mohan Bhai because of the task in hand but shall keep you informed of the events daily around this time.

Please keep a close watch over the site(i had previously given the Latitude of Khadvantali, the venue where the Test is in progress), this is the biggest test the Rainmaker has ever taken.

regards

anand
anand

Post by anand »

dear mark
what i hear there is a noticiable difference in the sky, its all covered,but windy too.the wind speed has to decline vis a vis yesterday the air is calmer. the rainmaker is busy on the task,his assosciates are gathering data of humidity in the air, The rainmaker anticipates rain in 2 days time ,but mere rain would not serve the purpose,the objective is to make 10 inches of rain, & that too within 12 days.48 hours have already elapsed.
The weather in adjoining district like bhavnagar also has changed , clouds can be seen there too . I am unable to contact the rainmaker as of now

regards

anand
Mark
Site Admin

Post by Mark »

Thanks Anand

Keep us posted.
anand

Post by anand »

dear mark

ISSUED ON: 29-07-2012

DISTRICT : RAJKOT STATE : GUJARAT
PARAMETERS ENSEMBLE FCST
30/07 31/07 01/08 02/08 03/08
Rainfall (mm) 4 0 0 0 0
Max Temperature ( deg C) 30 31 34 31 30
Min Temperature ( deg C) 28 28 28 28 28
Total cloud cover (octa) 7 8 8 8 6
Max Relative Humidity (%) 83 82 80 81 82
Min Relative Humidity (%) 70 70 65 69 69
Wind speed (kmph) 026 028 026 030 031
Wind direction (deg) 240 250 240 240 240
------------------ ------------------- ------------------- -------------------
the met deptt forecasts a 4 mm of rain tomorrow & nil for the next 4 days therafter.The rainmaker is seeking 250 mm rainfall in the next 10-12 days
let us wait & watch, Around 8 am the sky was clear & sunny,but now the sky is fully covered,one of his assosciates is of the view that such changes in the sky is good .today the overall picture has further improved.
regards
anand 1.40 pm
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic