Flies

For research, impressions, concerns and other related aspects of minimising weeds and pest issues using peppers and remedies.
Mark
Site Admin

Flies

Post by Mark »

From BdNow 24/5/10

I had flies in my compost big time. My fault I did not get the ratio right. Anyway I captured some of the flies and maggots. About 20 of each, put them in a can with straw and lit it ablaze. The ash was gray and white. I then put it in a 2 liter bottle of distilled water, vortex-ed it for 20 minutes and poured it on the pile.

I was shocked it worked! Within 3 days the flies where gone. Do I know if the flies, pupated and left?.......No I do not............I will say this there was a lot of maggots and flies. Its hard for me to believe they all turned into flies and left, within 3 days.
SV_I

Post by SV_I »

Hi Mark.
Let me understand well, please.

When you were preparing the ash did you take care about moon, planet, zodiac or not?

Do you think this procedure will work even though somebody doesn’t take care about the day that is ashing the flies?

thanks
Regards.
SV_I
Mark
Site Admin

Post by Mark »

Actually this wasn't mine. It is under my name only because I put it up but it was a quote from someone on the BDNow! list - see the first line of the original. It would seem, on face value, that timing was not considered but with a little detective work you could find the original poster and ask them. Let us know what you find out.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic