pine bark beetles

For sharing results, experiences and thoughts on preparations - biodynamic or other. These do not include 'peppers'
amandastraka

pine bark beetles

Post by amandastraka »

anyone heard of research done one using homeopathics to treat pine bark beetles?
Mark
Site Admin

Post by Mark »

Not me. What are the symptoms?
amandastraka

Post by amandastraka »

something like the foliage turning yellow, to red, to brown; sap spouts as evidence of the beetles boring into the tree; sawdust around the tree from the borings; all leading to tree death, then the beetles move onto another tree to repeat the cycle. tricky thing is a tree can be infected with the beetles for up to a year without showing obvious symptoms.
Mark
Site Admin

Post by Mark »

Hi - sorry for the delay in posting. You could have a look at Linda's posting of today to get my opinions - ie why not try the silicea approach and let us know how you get on.

But it would be good to clarify any more details you have - ie is it all pines, all species, all areas or if not, what is different about the area where there are these beetles? All diagnostic details are grist to the mill if the information is good.

Also it would be good to know where you are on the planet - or at least where these trees are suffering. At least we can try and connect you with the local experts who may be able to assist.

Let us know how you get on please.
amandastraka

Post by amandastraka »

silicae...i'll try that. i am in taos, new mexico, us. the beetles, unfortunately, have devastated forests from alaska to here, mostly in the mountain regions. they hit first the trees weakened by drought, then when the infestation gets bad, all the trees in the area seem to suffer. i am trying to get in touch with local folks who know more than i do about the problem, to get a better understanding about the whole process. there is a small forested area very close to my home that i am anxious to try the homeopathic approach on. i will start with silicae!
Linda

silicea and pine bark beetles

Post by Linda »

I am very curious to hear if you had a chance to try the silicea. I am in process right now working the ODF (Oregon Department of Forestry) to locate some forest sites where we might try silicea. I am trying to finish preparing a proposal so that we can try it. Have you had any luck?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic